Thursday, April 18, 2024

SLIMLINE CARDS

 SLIMLINE CARDS


The following are screen shots from Jennifer McGuire's tutorial regarding Slimline cards. I have also included the link below to the tutorial. 

ENVELOPE DIMENSIONS:


Above is the size of slimline card that Jennifer McGuire typically uses. This is true for me, as well. The envelope pictured above is a standard #10 size. They are available in the standard design or with end flap. A 4" x 9"card will fit into this envelope.


The yellow envelope is a traditional size that can be used. This is referred to as a size 9 envelope. The card would be 3 5/8" by 8 5/8".  While a popular size for many, Jennifer and I both find the 4" x 9" measurements for the card easier and less cumbersome than one with the measurements in the image above. 

Next is the Mini- Slimline envelope  -  pictured here:


The mini slimline envelope pictured here is shown in comparison to the larger slimline envelopes. These can be purchased at office supply stores and Walmart and perhaps, Target in the US.


CARD DIMENSIONS:

Traditional slimline card dimensions:


The above card base is very popular. However, many find the 8th" dimensions challenging and create their card bases at 3.5" by 8.5". Jennifer and I, however,  round up to create 4" x 9" card bases, with a piece of card stock measuring 8" x 9" and scored at 4" It is pictured below.



Next is the popular size slimline card base. Many crafters use this size and many companies offer dies with these dimensions in mind. 


These will fit in a couple sizes o envelopes mentioned earlier.

Finally, here is a mini-slimline card. 





Here is the tutorial that Jennifer shared. She has others on You Tube as well. 

Slimline Cards - Jennifer McGuire

Slimline cards can be created vertically (portrait) or horizontally (landscape. Here are a couple of example. 


In my craft room, I have an extensive inventory of slimline dies for regular and mini cards. Pictured below is just a portion of the inventory!


In addition, I have slimline stamps and stencils.

One of the things I do at the beginning of a new year, is cut my Lang calendars up and use the images for backgrounds on some of my slimline cards. I have pictured one here: 


I added a simple Happy Birthday die sentiment.

So, if you need a change of pace from A2, A7, A9 or square or other shape cards, consider trying out slimline!

Check out my Pinterest Albums for some inspiration:





And check out Instagram:


Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment