Sunday, January 23, 2022

SHARE HANDMADE KINDNESS

 SHARING HANDMADE KINDNESS


THE STORY OF THE BLACK BOX WITH A RED RIBBON

I recently gave an out of town friend, Karen, a gift of a collection of cards.  Karen loved the cards and contacted me to see if she could purchase a collection of cards to give to her friend Mary, who has MS and is not able to get out very much and especially now with the pandemic. I had a very large collection of cards that I was planning to give to the senior ladies at my church as well as to the local assisted living facility. I went through the cards and I put together a collection for Mary. I told Karen that I did not want her to purchase them but to only provide the envelopes.


Last Thursday, Karen delivered the collection of cards to Mary in a black box with a red ribbon on it. She simply dropped the box off at her front door and then messaged her later to tell her it was there. For some reason, Karen’s message was never received. 


Over the weekend Mary noticed that there was a black box with a red ribbon on the porch and she asked her husband why her box of cards was out on the porch. Her husband brought the box inside and it was not opened for a couple of days. 


Karen, having not heard from Mary about the box, called her to inquire what she thought about the box of cards. Mary then opened the box of cards and was overwhelmed with tears. She couldn’t believe how someone she had never met could bless her in such a way. Karen and I were amazed at how the black box was like one Mary had even complete with a red ribbon! It was a blessing to partner with Karen! 


I share this story to encourage you to “BE A BLESSING” to someone and you will “BE BLESSED”! You never know the impact your creativity can have. 


SHARE HANDMADE KINDNESS! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment